Thursday, March 08, 2007

Wed, March 7th – One hour forward, one hour back….

Last night we sailed over the time line from the Eastern to the Central Time Zone, and thus we set our clocks back to gain an hour. (We’ll lose this hour again on Saturday when we come back to EST.) At about the same time, I looked at my calendar this morning and noticed that this weekend is going to be Daylight Savings Time – on the very day when I fly home, from EST to CST…

So this means…
- on Saturday morning I’ll lose an hour of sleep to sail from CST to EST.
- on Sunday morning I’ll lose ANOTHER hour of sleep for Daylight Savings Time.
- on Sunday afternoon, I’ll gain an hour when I fly from EST to CST.

Thank God I’m flying west! Many of my European and African friends will be nursing some serious jet lag when they get home…

No comments: