Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sat, Feb 10th - Bridgetown, Barbados

Well, I’m still not feeling 100% well, but I decided to get off the ship today just long enough to buy some postcards and take some pictures in the port to say, “Yes, I was here.”

But just as I was wrapping up buying the postcards, my friend Boz saw me and said, “Hey, come with us to the Boatyard.” I had completely forgotten I had promised him last time we were here that I would come the next time (this time). So despite not feeling well, I decided I had to make good on my promise, just for a little while. I certainly was not dressed for the occasion: the Boatyard is a beach resort, really cool – designed for crew, but I was wearing long pants and a t-shirt instead of a bathing suit. So I thought, “I’ll just go for a few minutes and then make my excuses and come right back…”

But this is the Boatyard…
Yeah, so I couldn’t resist staying for a little while.

There was volleyball…

…a pier…

… and a whole lot of beach chairs along a blue water, white sand, sunny day BEACH.

Ok, so I stayed out a little longer than I anticipated, but I had a good time, and now I can REALLY say, “I’ve been there AND done that!”

No comments: