Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thurs, Feb 15th – Black and White Ball II

Another two-week cruise means another Black and White Officers’ Ball. And once again, my voice somehow MIRACULOUSLY came back just enough for me to make it through this set. We even added some new songs just sent by the home base in L.A.: Begin the Beguine, Beyond The Sea, and I’ve Got the World On A String. The whole night was a huge success, and everyone had a lot of fun.

But the one thing I DON’T like about singing for these events is that I never get to dance! This is my favorite kind of dancing - ballroom - but there was never more than a one-song break for me, so I had to content myself to work and watch everyone else have fun…

That is until the party moved out of the Rubens’ Lounge and up into the Crow’s Nest, where DJ Geno was spinning some killer tunes! He did an awesome job of catering to the crowd’s clamoring, and that meant a lot more partner dances! I got to dance with Tim, Andrew, Emile, and lots with Ben. There was swing dancing, cha-chas, rumbas, salsas, foxtrots, one waltz, and even a bit of tango! At about 1 AM most of the crowds had cleared out, but Ben and I decided that, since we were the last couple standing at the previous B&W Ball, we would do it again!

We worked up quite a sweat, but DJ Geno kept pace the whole time. By about 2 AM, we were the last couple dancing, but a few guests and one officer still remained at the bar. We decided to outlast them all – and by 2:15 we’d accomplished our mission!

Here are some great memories!


| View Show | Create Your Own

No comments: