Friday, December 22, 2006

Sat, Dec 23 – Christmas Cruise!

Another easy cruise has past. Only 12 sets last week, most at which I sang seven songs or less. Once again, let me reiterate – I am the highest paid singer on this ship, with the best accommodations, and the least hard working. IT’S A CRIME!!!! I volunteered to work once with the Port and Shopping Ambassador, modeling jewelry and passing out flyers, and once for about an hour registering bidders for the art auctioneers. I stayed onboard in Ocho Rios and had port manning in Costa Maya. It’s been a pretty laid-back week.

But NEXT WEEK IS CHRISTMAS!!! Hooray! Our new cruise director seems to be a real whiz at leaving things to the last minute and expecting us to pull it all out for him in the end to make him look good, and he takes all the credit for pulling it together. (Can you sense my sarcasm?) Boo.

Yesterday, 48 hours until showtime, I FINALLY received the music to the solo with which I’m supposed to open our Christmas show. Luckily, it’s a fairly simple rendition of “Winter Wonderland,” and my boys are fabulous, so we should be able to pull it off. Plus, my famous red dress is sure to knock out their eyes so maybe they won’t even notice if I miss a note or lyric.

Then, I also found out JUST last night that I am going to be leading six Christmas carols with the audiences who are gathering before the guest entertainer’s show on Christmas night. As of right now, I still don’t know which six carols, but I have been assured that they are standards, and that I’ll be given the lyrics for them SOMETIME before that night.

I’m ready to throw my Cruise Director overboard. Shh. Don’t tell anyone. (You know I’m only kidding.)

Last Christmas I was in the Bahamas. This Christmas I’ll be on the Mayan Coast! This Western Caribbean cruise will be a little mixed up from the way we normally do it, though.

Sunday – Key West, FL
Monday – Sea Day
Tuesday – Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala
Wednesday – Belize City, Belize
Thursday – Costa Maya, Mexico
Friday – Sea Day
Saturday – back to Tampa, FL

No comments: