Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Sunday, December 24th – Christmas Eve Concert

I was so blessed to be able to speak with my family and dearest friends this Christmas Eve, as we departed from Key West, Florida. Granted, it would be better to be together on Christmas, but thank God for cell phones while we are apart!

But after we sailed, it’s probably the one day per year that I work the hardest! I love Christmas, and I love working hard, so this year has been very blessed for me. I had a fabulous red dress that I was excited to debut here, and I got to share my God-given talents with all the passengers by singing carols about our Savior’s birth at dinnertime with the Veendam cast.






Me with Noel, our Stage Manager













Robert played piano for the cast and I singing carols at the Rotterdam dining room








Destiny, Xavier, Victoria, Brad, Jacoby, Julie, Tara, James, Lauren, Samantha, Jenna – the Veendam Cast






Later that night, I was asked to open our Veendam Christmas Eve Concert with “Winter Wonderland.” The boys and I worked together to take a simple lead sheet and turn it into a fabulous island-style opening number. Thanks to the hard work of all my boys, the HALcats, featuring our percussionist John Patti on the steel drum, the number was a smash hit! It was so much fun, I wish we could have done it twice!

(This video is 2 ½ minutes, so please be patient while it loads. Trust me, it’s worth the wait just to see my fabulous red dress and my boys! This is us at our absolute finest!)

Finally, when all of our work was done at about 1 AM on Christmas morning, the cast, the band and I, and some of the other musicians from around the ship all gathered together around the Christmas tree in the Rubens showlounge to exchange Secret Santa gifts. It was an awesome experience to be able to spend Christmas with our family-away-from-family.

Opening gifts together on Christmas morning

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL and GOD BLESS US, EVERY ONE!

No comments: