Monday, January 01, 2007

Mon, Dec 25th – Finally Christmas!

I have to admit, even though the Christmas trees and fake snow went up all around the ship the day after Thanksgiving, and the background Christmas tunes have been playing in the dining rooms and lounges, it hasn’t really FELT like Christmas up until the start of this cruise, three days ago. Don’t know why.

This Christmas-on-the-sea has turned out to be a lot different than last year. Last year I spent a lot of time alone in my cabin, watching my Sight & Sound Christmas Spectacular DVD and pining for home, family, and friends. This year, my “onboard family” has been a great source of fun and festivity. And thank goodness, work has kept me busy, kept me occupied and happy.

Of course, I still watched the DVD about three times! (I still crack up at Dan and Duane’s genius antics, and it’s just awesome to see Maria singing that beautiful “Rejoice!!!!” before the drum circle.) But hanging out with my boys has been really special. We’ve all embraced our ‘extended family’ to make the holidays special.







John Patti dressed up his steel drum at the sailaway from Tampa with some lighted garland and a big red bow.










We all wore Santa hats at the Lido deck set on Christmas day. Those things get really hot in the 85 degree weather!



And a very special Christmas dinner was served to the entire crew at 6:30 on Christmas Day. But unfortunately, a few of us had to work – yup, me and the boys had to play at the Captain’s Champagne reception. But it worked to our advantage – we ended up getting to eat in the passenger’s dining room for Christmas! It’s a treat to eat in the formal dining room anyway, but on such a special occasion it just ROCKS!

Together we made it feel like a real family Christmas dinner. Of course, we all dearly miss our own real families, but if we can’t be home for Christmas, there’s no one else on this ship I’d rather be with than these 7 guys.

No comments: