Friday, January 19, 2007

Sun, Jan 14th – Now porting stateside on Sundays

Phew! I’ve been cooped up in this ship for two whole sea days, and now that we’re back in Tampa, I’ve got port manning duty, so for one more day, I’ll be here on the inside. It’s starting to get smaller. Not to mention that we’ll have two and a half sea days before we reach our first destination, Puerto Rico, so I’ll probably be the first person down on the gangway desperate to get out!

But I’m really looking forward to this new cruise! From now on we’ll be returning to Tampa on Sundays, but this cruise in particular is going to be a full two weeks! Here it is:

Monday – Sea day
Tuesday – Sea day
Wednesday – San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thursday – St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
Friday – Roseau, Dominica
Saturday – Bridgetown, Barbados
Sunday – St. George’s, Grenada
Monday – Isla de Maragarita (El Guamache), Venezuela
Tuesday – Kralendijk, Bonaire
Wednesday – Oranjestad, Aruba
Thursday – Sea Day
Friday – Georgetown, Grand Cayman
Saturday – Sea Day
Sunday – Tampa, Florida

So while it’s somewhat painful to spend almost six straight days at sea, that will be alleviated by eight countries I’ve never been to before in a row! And of course, I like Grand Cayman, as I’ve been there five or six times now, and I’m quite familiar with all my favorite haunts there. The changed format and the weird times we’ll arrive and leave the ports is going to keep me on my toes, set-wise. Plus, we’re due to get both a new guitarist and a new percussionist today, so maybe some extra rehearsals are is store – woohoo!!!!

No comments: