Monday, January 01, 2007

Sat, Dec 30th – New Year, new itinerary!

We’ve been sailing basically the same two itineraries over and over for the past nine weeks since I came onboard, so a change of pace is long overdue! This week we’re gonna get it!

Sunday – sea day
Monday – Half Moon Cay, Bahamas
Tuesday – Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos
Wednesday – Sea Day
Thursday – Georgetown, Grand Cayman
Friday – Sea Day
Saturday – Tampa, Florida

Half Moon Cay is a private island owned by Holland America Lines. From what I understand there’s not much to do there other than lay out on the beach, eat at the buffet, or browse the gift shops, all of which contain all the same amenities we already have on the ship. So I’m not too sore about having port manning that day.

I’m about to do some research on the country of Turks & Caicos, a small island chain just 30 miles south of the Bahamas. It’s one more new country to add to my list of places I’ve visited!

And while I’ve been to Georgetown several times by now, this Thursday is going to be the best visit yet, as Carnival Conquest and Carnival Victory are also going to be there, and that means I’ll get to see many of my Fascination friends! We are planning to meet at the Olde English Bakery and maybe even make a trip out to the beach if we have time.

So while the past few weeks’ blogs have been a bit dull as the ports have gotten familiar, do not fret! Big changes are coming (including South America!) so keep an eye on the blog for all the exciting updates to come!

No comments: