Monday, October 30, 2006

The first 24 hours...

...have been great!



Well… I made it! And within just a few short hours of my arrival, I was in rehearsal with my new Music Director, Daniel (go ahead, “Dan and Dani”, it’s worth a chuckle). Together we picked out a song for me to sing at the first night’s show, “Let Us Entertain You” – a sort of introductions show, a chance for each entertainer on board to show the passengers a sneak preview of what they’ll be in store for in the coming week.

I boarded the ship at 10 am, got my initial safety training and lifejacket issued at 1 pm, rehearsed at 2 pm, sailed at 4 pm, and sang my first song, “Strangers in the Night,” at 8 pm. What a day!

Now that the initial buzz is over, it’s time to get down to WORK. I’ve got quite a few songs to cover with these guys, but so far they’ve all been super-supportive easing me into the group, called “Dani and the HALCats.” (HAL = Holland America Lines)

When we’re not in rehearsals, here’s the port itinerary for the coming week.



Sunday – Key West, Florida
Monday – at sea
Tuesday – Belize City, Belize
Wednesday – Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala
Thursday – Costa Maya, Mexico
Friday – at sea
Saturday – Tampa, Florida

…not that I’ll get to see many of those ports, because I’ll be working my tail off to learn all these songs! Pray for me! :)

No comments: