Thursday, October 26, 2006

Rehearsals in Los Angeles

So, what have I been doing for the past three days in Los Angeles? Well, a lot of my hours have been spent cooped up in a little closet-sized room with a piano, a whole lot of music, and a vocal coach trying to cram all of that music into my head! This is all the homework that never gets seen, all the hard work we do ahead of time so that when you finally see a showgirl on stage, she looks stunningly fabulous, like her artwork is effortless.

Two of my vocal coaches at Stiletto - Doug H and Jubel - have been IMMENSELY helpful in getting my new sets up and running in such a short amount of time! I applaud their efforts, and thank them for their patience and tenacity with me. :)

Putting some final touches on "It Had To Be You" this morning:

No comments: