Friday, November 24, 2006

Fri, Nov 24 – Another day at sea

Ok, so today would normally have been a sea day anyway. But it feels extra long because we didn’t stop in the Cayman Islands yesterday, so this is our second day at sea. Oh boy, I’d better get used to this – if I ever intend to go trans-Atlantic, it will be SIX long days at sea!

I had almost all my boys gathered around me at lunch today, during our break from the Lido set. I felt so special, surrounded by all these talented musicians, sharing their ideas on how to improve songs and sets, and generally just shooting the breeze. I am amazed at the camaraderie I’ve become a part of in just a few short weeks.

And my bass player, Tibor, is coming to the end of his contract in just a few weeks. So I’ve decided it’s time to finally get some pictures together. Daniel, our music director and pianist, was not with us when we were having lunch, but these are MOST of my boys – my family away from home. They take good care of me. ;)


Standing – L to R: Aaron Koppel (guitar), Nathan Kivett (drums), Tibor Duka (bass), John Patti (percussion); seated: Patrick Mayette (sax), Vasile Ribu (keys)

No comments: