Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Friday, November 10, 2006 – Tampa

Finally I’m working!!! Last week we did thirteen sets in six days. Yesterday we only had a quick rehearsal where Dan and I went over a couple of songs, then we did a few of those with the boys, and next week we’ll be adding “Conga,” “New York, New York” and a couple of country songs, “Top of the World,” and “All I Ever Need Is You” to the repertoire.


This week’s itinerary is basically the same as last week’s, with one little change up: Montego Bay instead of Ocho Rios in Jamaica on Tuesday. Same island – other side.

And on Thursday I’ll be celebrating my birthday in Costa Maya, Mexico! I started throwing hints at my boys earlier this week about the surprise party they should be planning for me. ::wink:: Of course, we’ll probably have to do at least one deck set that day, as we sailaway, and the boys will have to play two production shows that night. But hopefully I’ll get to do some kind of cool excursion that morning, maybe horseback riding on the beach or something fun.

Ok… I know I said I wouldn’t add any more videos, but this one has very special significance. Be aware: it’s about a three-minute video, so load at your own discretion.

Some of you know about the charts show that I had commissioned over the summer. Well, here is the first song I’ve performed from that show, “Stuff Like That There.” The Veendam has a sort of previews-style show on the first day of each cruise, to sort of give the passengers an idea of what sort of entertainment they’ll be able to experience around the ship during the week. Each of the production singers get a song, the string quartet and the Filipino band, each of the piano soloists, and at the end – me and my boys! So here’s how I hit ‘em on the first night of every cruise. Enjoy!

No comments: