Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday, November 6th - Georgetown, Cayman Islands

Turns out that last night's wobbles were caused by winds up to 43 knots and swells up to 7 ft! But Praise the Lord we made it here today to the port of Georgetown in the Cayman Islands and we had great weather all morning!

Although it was a bit hot and humid, and I'm a weird one who prefers it cold and dreary - I miss PA!! It did start to rain just a bit on the back deck about three or four songs into our sailaway set, which made it gross and humid. John's steel drum got all wet and our music was blowing around a bit. But the captain did great and sailed us right out of the rainstorm and the band kept on! We got to finish the set and it was great fun. (Don't worry, don't get any dreadful visions of us being the band who plays until the ship is completely sunk... most of the boys have already admitted: if this ship's going down, we're getting our happy tails in a lifeboat!)

So, I don't have a picture of this week's itinerary, but for those who are interested:
Sunday - at sea
Monday - Georgetown, Cayman Islands
Tuesday - Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Wednesday - at sea
Thursday - Costa Maya, Mexico
Friday - at sea
Saturday - back to Tampa

I also have a few more videos to post (a tour of my cabin and what the crashing waves sound like at night; a few samples of the band at work) but I realize that the loading of so many videos is slowing down the loading of the blog, so from now on I'll try to stick to pictures and journaling. ;) If I can find an internet place on land that's a little cheaper than the satellite we use onboard, I'll give them another shot.

Didn't do much in Georgetown today. Only had a few hours, so I wandered downtown, sent out a few postcards, and found the Olde English Bakery that Dave had suggested to me. (Thank you, Dave!) I had the most fabulous cinnamon roll and an oatmeal raisin bar made with thick rum molasses! Makes me miss my oven!!!

Just wanted to let you all know how much I love and miss you, and that I'm doing alright out here in the Caribbean. Love you!!! God Bless!!!!!

No comments: