Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sat, November 25th – Back to Central America

There’s good news and bad news! This week we’re traveling back to Central America for three days in the middle of the week. Good news – we’ll be in Key West on Sunday and another day in the US means another day of cell phone service – hurrah! Bad news – I’ve got port manning duty on Sunday, and Key West is a popular port, so I’ll be lucky if I can get someone to trade with me so I can go ashore.

Good news - It’s nice to have the foreign port days centralized, bookended by the sea days. Bad news - the ports themselves are not particularly glamorous. If you don’t take a tour in Belize, Guatemala, or Costa, there’s really not much else to do. Good news - Most days we’ll be leaving the ports late, just after sunset, so I won’t have to do too many sailaway sets. Bad news - I like to work! But this is going to be a light work week.

Well, maybe I’ll try to get out and do some excursions. ;) Since I’ve been onboard, we’ve only sailed to Belize and Guatemala once, but it was early in the rehearsal process, so I didn’t get to go ashore. Maybe this time!

Here’s the course for the week:

Sunday – Key West, Florida
Monday – Sea Day
Tuesday – Belize City, Belize
Wednesday – Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala
Thursday – Costa Maya, Mexico
Friday – Sea Day
Saturday – Tampa, Florida

No comments: